On the 23rd March, I delivered an online seminar for TutorPro around learner engagement. In it, I discussed why it’s important, what the major barriers to engagement are, and how you can help to ensure that your digital learning output is as engaging and effective as possible.
In particular, I looked at the five key elements that lead to engagement:
- Medium: choosing the right medium for the learning
- Challenge: stretching the learner so they have to exercise their brain – but not so much that it’s far too hard
- Accessibility: writing in a clear, easy-to-understand voice and making the materials easy to navigate and digest
- Agency: giving the learner as much control over their learning path as possible
- Credibility: making sure that the learning materials are high-quality and credible
I’m going to put the seminar into a video which I’ll share on here. In the meantime, if you’d like to discuss the possibility of me delivering a seminar around this or any other aspect of digital learning and communications, drop me a line using the contact form.